The French Riviera is one of the most famous wedding destinations in France, thanks to its beautiful beaches, sunny weather most of the year and sophisticated resorts such as Nice, Saint-Tropez and Cannes. The Cote d’Azur is a beautiful region worth exploring, mostly for future married couples who want a vintage, movie-like wedding experience that’s worth remembering even years after the event.
1. French Riviera wedding venues – Best beaches to get married on
The Cote d’Azur is home to the most beautiful beaches in Europe, ranging from intimate rocky coves to long resorts with golden sands. So, if you want to have a fairytale beach wedding, then see which of these following French destinations fit your ideals.
1.1. Best wedding venues in French Riviera: Nice
Stretching four miles along the Baie des Anges, the Promenade des Anglais is home to most beaches of Nice. The area includes more than 30 private and public beaches, many restaurants, diverse watersports and lush ports. When it comes to the best places in Nice to say “I do”, Vias Plages is a very good option, being very popular with newlyweds and honeymooners during the summer months. Le Gallet, Opera Plage and Le Voilier are other amazing beaches that can host your amazing wedding story.
1.2. Luxury wedding venues in French Riviera: Cannes
Cannes is perceived as a charming place, being the favourite destination of celebrities around the world. Of course, don’t forget about the annual International Film Festival that gathers the cinema stars at the Palais des Festivals et des Congrès.
Discovered by the English nobility long before its famous festival and turned into a wishlist place by movie stars, Cannes can be a suitable destination for your dream wedding, as the sunny beaches, lined along the iconic La Croisette, are picture-gorgeous and very welcoming!
The best beach for a wedding is Palm Beach Pointe Croisette, located at the end of the promenade. Another attraction of the area is the luxurious island of Sainte Marguerite.
To truly immortalize the charm of Cannes, you can choose to have a photo shooting right in the heart of the city after your beach wedding. This way, you can create unforgettable lifetime memories in one the most famous places in the world!
1.3. Wedding venues in French Riviera: Saint-Tropez
Saint Tropez is one of the most famous tourist destinations in the world, especially for its exclusive beaches and world-class nightclubs. This part of the French Riviera has so many exquisite beaches, that it might be hard for you to pick one for your wedding.
Plage de Tahiti, for example, is a bold and very populated place that has golden sands, warm waters and beautiful people. Other beaches worth visiting are Plage d’Argent, Plage de Notre Dame and Plage Courtade. The fine white sands, the charming landscapes and the turquoise water make Porquerolles a favorite place for nature lovers and a unique setting for a beach wedding.
2. French Riviera wedding – Things to know about Cote D’Azur
The Cote d’Azur has a very interesting history and some customs that are worth considering before choosing your favorite beach for a dream wedding in the Riviera. This part of France became famous in the late 19th century, when the writer Stéphen Liégeard called it the Cote d’Azur – a name that caught on and became synonymous with this gorgeous coast.
In just a few decades, thanks to British and Russian visitors who have seen the touristic potential of the area, the Riviera has developed rapidly, becoming the epitome of luxury and wealth. Today, it also became a well known wedding destination, many couples around the world choosing to tie the knot in this vintage, yet modern place.
Here are five things you should know about this dreamy part of France:
- It’s the second most popular destination in France, after Paris. According to statistics, this European country attracts almost 90 million tourists every year, making it one of the most famous destinations in the world.
- Restaurants are closed in the afternoon. Due to the fact that it is quite hot during the day and because the area is known for its nightlife, most bars and restaurants will close after lunch and will not be available to customers until after 7 pm. So, keep these things in mind when choosing your wedding venue!
- It hosts the world’s perfume capital. Grasse is a small French town famous for producing perfumes with tradition, since the 17th century, attracting more than two million people every year. The most famous perfume manufacturers in the area are Fragonard, Molinard and Galimard.
- It hosts the most expensive property in the world. Valued at $750 million, Villa Leopolda is known as being the most expensive house in the world. Built at the beginning of the 20th century by King Leopold of Belgium, this famous property became a hospital during WWI, after which the king sold all of his properties in the area.
- It was the home of famous painters. Chateau Grimaldi, now a museum, hosted Picasso for a few months, during which he started working on some of his famous pieces. Claude Monet was another artist who chose Antibes to be his home and a source of inspiration for his many landscape paintings.
The French Riviera is an idyllic landscape full of romance that no one can resist. So, if you feel that your love story should begin in a sunny land, with a Mediterranean breeze, Cote d’Azur is your answer! Here at WedDo we know how important it is for you to have a perfect wedding story, and that is why we place great value on professionalism and respect for your deepest wishes. Ask for an offer and start your Cote D’Azur wedding journey now!
Photo sources: Unsplash.com, Pixabay.com, Unsplash.com.