Congratulations! You’ve made the first steps, got engaged and now you’re going to plan your wedding together. Enthusiastic about a new life together, maybe you have decided to get married in a unique destination and Greece has made your list. And rightly so – this amazing country is home to breathtaking landscapes and fairytale beaches. And there are many other reasons why this Mediterranean gem is perfect for a destination wedding!
1. Wedding destinations in Greece – Beautiful islands for a special ceremony
Greece is home to thousands of islands with unique vegetation and views, each with its own charm and unique stories. On top of that, it is a well-known destination for quality services and affordable prices, which makes it the best place for a special wedding. With so many places to choose from, here are some exquisite recommendations for a wedding with a view:
- Crete – it is said that in Greece, the couple shouldn’t walk but dance their way to church. But Crete is not only an island with joyful traditions, but also the Greek island where you can have the best themed weddings, whether you choose to have it in a vineyard, in a picturesque village, on the beach or in a medieval fortress.
- Skiathos – if you prefer a more private setting, you can opt for a wedding in Skiathos, a heavenly place with turquoise beaches, golden sand and caves submerged in the azure sea waves. And if you happen to be a fan of Abba or the famous movie Mamma Mia, you could get married in the gardens of Skiathos, where some of the scenes were filmed. But, if you like rural landscapes and pine forests, the medieval area of the island might be a better choice for you.
- Andros – caves, castles and waterfalls are just a few attractions that can make your wedding both romantic and adventurous. The beaches of Andros are in themselves the main reason why this island is worth visiting. They will decorate your wedding with golden sand, colorful pebbles, virgin nature and clear sea. An example is Zorkos beach – located in the northern part of the island, this is one of the most loved beaches by locals and tourists alike. Equally beautiful is Ahla beach. The azure sea is home to many boats and yachts, which make the place more exclusive.
- Paros – Located in the heart of the Cyclades, Paros elegantly combines wildlife and traditional villages with an urban vibe. If you don’t like crowded places, it’s better to set your wedding date off season, from May to early July or from September to October. And if you want to impress your guests, a cruise in Antiparos would surely be appreciated and memorable.
- Syros is one of the most charming and elegant islands in the area. Romantic hotels can provide privacy and tranquility to your guests, as well as a dreamy view of the Aegean sea. Hermoupolis is the ideal place for an outdoor wedding among 19th century buildings. Syros is also the perfect destination for a religious wedding, being home to the largest Catholic community in Greece. Syros is an inspired choice for a Greece destination wedding, especially in September and October, when tourists start to leave and the prices drop.
2. Best place to get married in Greece: Magical Santorini
Hundreds of couples around the world choose Santorini as their wedding destination, thanks to its unique views and luxurious venues. All you have to do is think of a one of a kind setting, maybe on the beach or somewhere high, above sea level.
Located in the Cyclades Islands, this exclusive place has always been the favorite destination for romantic couples who want to organize their wedding in a dream setting. Here you will find everything you need for an elegant ceremony: exclusive beaches, luxury hotels and elegant guesthouses, medieval churches and interesting landforms.
Weddings are an important part of Santorini’s local culture, this is why so many locations are equipped with everything you need, so that you can truly enjoy your Greek wedding experience. Our planners can take care of every detail for a flawless and unforgettable wedding day. This way, you won’t have to think about accommodation, guests transportation or what priest to talk to for an Orthodox ceremony – WedDo will be there for you at all times!
A wedding in Greece can take your special day to another level. Regardless of the chosen location, whether it is an island or a town full of history, this Mediterranean country has everything you need for a dreamy wedding! Ask for an offer and let us be there for you in this special journey!
Photo sources: Shutterstock.com, Pexels.com, Unsplash.com